How to make a Minecraft grass block cake step by step. Make it in a jiffy using buttercream frosting and store-bought cake mixes. This easy Minecraft cake has no fondant, and it’s perfect for a birthday party.
↓↓↓↓↓ MINECRAFT GRASS BLOCK CAKE RECIPE BELOW ↓↓↓↓↓
PRINTABLE RECIPE: 🖨️ https://adventuresofmel.com/how-to-make-a-minecraft-grass-block-cake/
2 square chocolate cakes
3 cups chocolate buttercream frosting
12 Peanut Butter Oreos
3 cups buttercream frosting, colored green
1. Bake 2 square cakes, using 10″x10″ cake pans and following recipe/cake mix instructions.
2. While the cakes are baking, mix up both the regular buttercream frosting and the chocolate buttercream.
3. The regular buttercream icing needs to be colored green, so add enough green food color until satisfied with the shade you have.
4. When the cakes have cooled, place one cake on a 12-inch square cake board that’s been wrapped in white freezer paper.
5. Optional but very helpful step at this point: Slice the rounded top off of the cakes with a cake slicer/leveler. This helps the cakes to have a flatter shape and makes it easier to decorate them.
6. Spread a portion of the chocolate buttercream frosting on top of that cake.
7. Then sandwich the two cakes together.
8. Make the rest of the chocolate buttercream frosting look more like dirt and mud by crushing up the Peanut Butter Oreos and mixing them in with the frosting.
9. Spread the chocolate buttercream “dirt” frosting on the sides of the cake, working your way around.
10. Using a grass tip, add the grass with the green buttercream frosting. Make sure the icing is thin enough to easily squeeze through the grass tip, or it will be very difficult. The Wilton website gives a great tutorial for how to create the grass, but basically, just squeeze the pastry bag to create each little patch of grass, and then pull up or away.
11. When finished, decorate your masterpiece with candles or whatever your heart desires. Tip: I do recommend refrigerating this cake before/after serving.
For a cupcake version of this cake, try this recipe: https://adventuresofmel.com/minecraft-cupcakes-with-easy-grass-frosting/.
Chocolate buttercream frosting recipe: https://adventuresofmel.com/chocolate-buttercream-frosting/
Vanilla buttercream frosting recipe: https://adventuresofmel.com/the-best-buttercream-frosting-recipe/
New Recipe or Video often, so be sure to SUBSCRIBE!
SUBSCRIBE to our NEWSLETTER: https://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/h8d4w3
We use affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
FAVORITE TOOLS and EQUIPMENT:
10-Inch Square Cake Pan: http://amzn.to/2ELZnY2
Cake Boards: http://amzn.to/2FunoA9
Cake Leveler: https://amzn.to/37xKYLB
Icing Spatula: https://amzn.to/3aGtnTy
Pastry Bags: https://amzn.to/2NM9xNU
Large Grass Icing Tip: https://amzn.to/3sf9ybY
Birthday Cake Candles: https://amzn.to/3dB6PFR